Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Defurio Mongell & Associates collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Defurio Mongell & Associates collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on application or other forms, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payments history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
To collect customer information from the above-stated source, Defurio Mongell & Associated may use the following means of communications to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Defurio Mongell & Associates may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Defurio Mongell & Associates to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Defurio Mongell & Associates to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studeies
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liabiliy
How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but we are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
“This information is not an offer to sell insurance. Insurance coverage cannot be bound or changed via submission of this online form/application, e-mail, voice mail or facsimile. No binder, insurance policy, change, addition and/or deletion to insurance coverage goes into effect unless and until confirmed directly with a licensed agent. Note any proposal of insurance we may present to you will be based upon the values developed and exposures to loss disclosed to us on this online form/application and/or in communications with us. All coverages are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the actual policy issued. Not all policies or coverages are available in every state.”
“Please contact out office at 1-800-864-4235 to discuss specific coverage details and your insurance needs. In order to protect your privacy, please do not send us your confidential personal information by unprotected email. Instead, discuss that personal information with us by phone or send by fax.”
“Statements on this website as to policies and coverages and other content provide general information only and we provide no warranty as to their accuracy. Clients should consult with their licensed agent as to how these coverages pertain to their individual situation. Any hypertext links to other sites or vendors are provided as a convenience only. We have no control over those sites or vendors and cannot, therefore, endorse nor guarantee the accuracy of any information provided by those sites or the services provided by those vendors.”
“Information provided on this website does not constitute professional advice. If you have legal, tax or financial planning questions, you need to contact a qualified professional.”